Wednesday 31 March 2010

First Response to The Shakespeare Stealer

Well, The Shakespeare Stealer has gotten off to a not very interesting start. The first couple of sentences were not attention grabbers to me. I felt that it was like every other book that starts off I was born...... When I got to the next chapters things started really shaping up. The cloaked man which has been newly introduced is very mysterious. I am starting to predict this is an angry actor and is taking Widge to London. This angry man is going to ask him to steal the play. In the end I am really thinking the angry actor will be Shakespeare himself ! There were a few points in the book I am rather curious about... One was "England is a paradise for women, a prison for servants, and a hell for horses."(7) I have no idea how they came up with that????? There were bandits with swords sounds like the movie Ever After, that was set some what in the same time period. The orphanages don't sound a lot different to some of those today. What is wrong is they use to beat children which is very horrible. The time period in which this is set in isn't very pleasant... I feel bad for Shakespeare and the other people living there.. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment